Thursday, June 29, 2006

Journal Entry from 6-28-2006

Father, as I lay here in the outdoor chapel, I feel you drawing me nearer. As I watch these children play and gaze on these majestic mountains, I feel you making my heart ever more tender. I hear your heartbeat in the river and in the birds. The contrast of the grandeur of the scenery and the intricacies of each flower petal, of each insect's wing - Lord you never cease to amaze me. I am in awe. And yet you created man. Man - what you call the pinnacle of your creation. Man - the single organism responsible for the degradation of so much of your beautiful world, for your heartache. Even so you still love man - you still love ME. Your imperfect, rebellious child. Father, I could question your unfailing love. I could search you for the logic behind your constant forgiveness. But that's just it. There is no logic - you need no explanation. And I am amazed. Lord thank you and thank you again. For seeing me fit for that kind of love. God I want that kind of love. I want to offer that to others. Make me a woman who is strong enough in you to LIVE that love and PRACTICE that love.

Father, renew me. Put a new, vibrant, unquenchable spirit in me. Purify my heart!!

"...Refiner's Fire
My heart's one desire
Is to be holy
Set apart for you, Lord
I choose to be holy
Set apart for you my Master
Ready to do your will..."

3 comments:

princessme said...

looks like your learning alot.
*sigh*
love

The Georgia Verderys said...

It looks like you're having a great time. Oh, I love the cook uniform under the armor. Do you get to keep it. I'm living a vicarious summer with you and Dave posting these great pictures. Thanks and keep it up. Tyler

David Verdery said...

Beautiful again.