Sunday, June 18, 2006

A DAY OFF!!

Hey all!!
So today was my day OFF which ended up being AMAZING!! Me and the girls who are on my shift didnt wake up till SEVEN FIFTEEN which was AWESOME!!! That's the latest I've slept since I've been here!!
So Kallie, Natalie, and I (they're my hiking buddies!!!) ate breakfast and then went back up to the cabin to be lazy for a while... we read Natalie's adventure magazines and talked for a while and then at about noon we went back down for lunch! After that, the three of us went on our hike for the day! It was SO much fun!! We hiked about a mile and a half, but we bush-wacked most of the way! (for those of you who dont know, bush-wacking is when you make your own trail! I just found that out the other day...) It was a blast! We saw a meadow on the side of a mountain across the river from us and decided that we wanted to go! We hiked about a mile up the river to a GORGEOUS bridge to cross... We followed some game trails (deer and elk trails, we think) for a while and then "bush-wacked" our way through marshes (strangely enough) and over LOTS AND LOTS of down trees to the meadow! I actually have video of Kallie and I attempting to get across several large trees to the other side of the trail!! It was interesting!
We had a blast, though, and I can't wait until our hike tomorrow!!

Okay, so I've gotta run because I'm only allowed 15 mins on the phone per night, so I LOVE Y'ALL A TON!!! I miss you...
Mama and Ms Rita, I need to know when y'all are coming as soon as possible! I need to put in advanced notice for visitors, and the sooner I know the better!!

TONS OF LOVE!!
*morgan

7 comments:

princessme said...

Ok. Now there are several differnt definitions for bush whacking. MY definition is taking a mashedy(sp) (big long knife) and cutting your way through lots of bushes briars and whatever else seems to be in the way. Other people have different definitions though. What's yours? What happened to going to church?

morganrenee said...

Nope, we just kinda forged a trail!! just climbed our way up to the meadow through the brush!! it was LOTS of fun!!
we didnt end up going to church unfourtionatly because we couldnt borrow the car... we'll try again next week!!
love you, allison!!
*morgan

Clergy Chick said...

Hey sweetie, I was supposed to talk to Rita last night to nail down a date, but didn't make it there. I have "permission" to come in early August, I just need to get some things "finalized" so I know which way I am running. If we can't stay there we did find that place in Livingston that was reasonable.....miss you lots....big hugs to you.....mom

Clergy Chick said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Clergy Chick said...

...don't they have snakes in montana.....watch where you step....hugs....mom

David Verdery said...

Awesome Morgan. Bush-Whackin! I can't wait to see some pictures. I love you and miss you.

David Verdery

David Verdery said...

arg. I missed you monday night. Well I'll try to call tonight too.