Saturday, July 15, 2006

So today was a blast!!
Two of Kallie's friends came up, and on our day off the four of us plus Alli went on a couple of hikes!! The first one we went on was pretty short and there wasnt much to see, but after that we went up to Natural Bridge and that was pretty sweet!! We hiked (aka slid) down the side of the mountain so we could get a better look at the falls... it was pretty much straight down. i fell into a "nettle" which is some bush that stings you a lot!! I now have little bumps all over my right hand and on the inside of my left arm that hurt!! anyways, we got down there and i took lots of pictures, as usual. we climbed all over the valley down there and it was so beautiful! as i was crossing the river at one point, i jumped from a tree that extended about half way across the river to a boulder that was right in front of me, but down some and hit my knee really really REALLY hard against the face. yeah. it hurt. my knee is now swollen and very bruised. but thats okay! we were having fun!! at one point kallie, alli and i went off on our own and left the guys sitting in a cave. we crossed the river and climbed up on a cliff and sat there just looking for a few minutes. when we decided to get up to leave, kallie and alli went down the way we came up, but i saw some rocks that i wanted to cross the river on. i only had to get down the side of the cliff i was standing on to get there! i had to get from one level of my cliff to the next, and the difference was about twice my height. i was gonna climb down onto the next level and avoid the really big crack in the rock walls that i could fall into if i stepped wrong (the crack was just big enough for me to fall down into... scary!). as i was climbing down i realized that every handhold i grabbed for was falling off! there was nothing stable to grab! (im a genius, cant you tell??) so here i am stranded on the side of a cliff too afraid to just jump down for fear that i will fall into this crack. what to do? call for help!! i yelled for kallie to come help me up, but she thought that i was just going to show her something, so she took her time. meanwhile i'm hanging on the side of a cliff by one handhold and a small foothold. yeah, doesnt sound too terrifying to you eagle scouts, im sure, but for the inexperiened climber that i am it was horrible! obviously, kallie came to my rescue and i lived to tell the tale.
you remember that hike/slide down the mountain to get into the valley at the beginning? yeah... that was TONS of fun to come back up!! i pretty much did iton all fours.

all in all we had a blast!! very eventful, but that just added to the day.
wish you could have been there... really, i do.

LOVE YOU A TON!!
*morgan

(32 days, dave...)

7 comments:

The Griggs Gallery said...

I miss you and I AM going to send you stuff! I am so sorry I have not written you, we are still not in our house and I have been really stressed, but.. I am better now and I really would love to see you! Miss you-Noelle

Sunshine said...

I really do wish I could have been there. that sounds like a really fun place. you know, awesome view, leap of death. all in all, I'd say your having about 100% more fun than me right now. I'm at school right now becouse finals are next week. But I lave hearing about your adventures and perilous hiking stories. *hugs* Erich

David Verdery said...

I would also enjoy hearing about your adventures and perilous hiking stories if DEATH were not closely itertwined with all of it. I'm glad you're having fun. Just don't die or hit your face and need to wear a face cast for 2 years. I'm gonna call tmorrow @ 9:00. Ok?

The Georgia Verderys said...

Morgan, sounds like a great day. Wish I could be there too. Put up pictures. Rita's in Ca with Ben, Jen and Jesse so I'm kind of alone this week. See you soon. Love ya, Tyler

princessme said...

Hey girl. So it sounds like your having lots and lots of fun. I agree with dave on the dying and hitting your face part. Anyways so keep having your adventures and keep telling us about them and post more pics to please.
love ya lots
me

princessme said...

Just letting you know that my blogspot is www.theallisonblogspot.com I don't know what you put but when i clicked on it it went to some other site.

David Verdery said...

27 days!